Registration Now Open!
2019 CAPA Annual Conference
The Future of Energy: the Trend, the Impacts, and the Adaptation
DATE: Friday, October 11, 2019
VENUE: Marathon Oil Tower, 5555 San Felipe, Houston TX 77056
Dear CAPA Members and Friends,
Chinese American Petroleum Association (CAPA) sincerely invites you to attend the 2019 Annual Conference, which will be held on October 11, 2019. This year the conference will focus on the theme of “The Future of Energy: the Trend, the Impact, and the Adaptation”.
The oil and gas industry is facing challenges and opportunities as the global energy market evolves. The industry needs to meet rising energy demand while at the same time to reduce carbon emissions. With steady and increasing supply of alternative energy such as biofuels, solar, and wind power, the traditional industry focusing on conventional and unconventional resources has been experiencing the impacts. Digital transformation, thanks to machine learning and artificial intelligence, also has been contributing to more efficient processes and new business strategies. As a result, how the industry adapts or reforms itself to embrace alternative energy and new technology has become a major issue. This changing energy landscape also provides great opportunities for individuals with an open-mind and positive altitude and appropriate skill sets to thrive in the new era.
The conference venue is the Marathon Conference Center, 5555 San Felipe, Houston TX 77056, courtesy of the continuing and generous support from Marathon Oil Corporation.
Conference Program Outline
(1) General Session and Keynote Speeches (Morning)
- Four invited keynote speakers from the leaders of the industry will discuss high-level, current, and future challenges, opportunities, and solutions.
- Sponsor presentations
(2) Parallel Technical Sessions (Afternoon)
- Clean Energy
- Skill Development - Panel Discussion
- Business Development - Panel Discussion
- Student Paper Contest - All student papers will be oral presentations in English. Awards will be given at the end of the session ($500 – 1st place; $300 – 2nd place; $200 – 3rd place). The Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG) will continue sponsor student paper contest this year.
(3) Abstracts Submission
- One pagein English, including brief biography, please use the attached template.
- Presentation: 20 minutes delivered in English, followed by Q&A.
- Please submit abstracts via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and indicate the session for the paper in the email subject.
- Deadline is September 21, 2019.
Online registration is available at the CAPA website http://www.capaus.org/event-3517031. Online registration for Members: $40, Member between Jobs: $30, Non-member: $50, and Students: $15; Additional $10 for walk-in registration. Please register at your earlies convenience. Registration fee is waived for the sponsors, invited speakers. session presenters, and student paper judges.
Due to limited budget, we won’t be able to validate all parking tickets this year. Only invited speakers, session presenters, and sponsors will receive parking validations. If you are students and come in through carpool, please visit us at the registration desk, we may offer some validations.
Last but not the least, many thanks to our program committee, who have worked very hard to put together a great program. We are very excited and look forward to seeing you to this conference.
Dr. Po Ching Tai Dr. Long Ma
CAPA President, 2019 CAPA BOD Chairman, 2019
CAPA 2019 Annual Conference Committee:
Po Tai (Conference Chair), Xinli Jia (Co-Chair), Kuochen Tsai, Mei Yang, Kim Shih, Jiasheng Qin, Meisong Yan, Haitao Ren, Yan Dong, Qi Zhang, Jianxiong Chen, and Tracy Pan.