The Road to Recovery: How Integration and Innovation Help the Energy Industry to Evolve and Adapt Successfully
DATE: Friday, November 3, 2017
VENUE: Marathon Oil Tower, 5555 San Felipe, Houston TX 77056
Dear CAPA Members and Friends:
Chinese American Petroleum Association is pleased to announce the 2017 Petroleum Technical Symposium, which is to be held on Friday, November 3, 2017. The Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG) will sponsor the student paper contest. Additionally, the Society of Petroleum Resources Economists (SPRE) will co-host the session on Petroleum Economics this year.
The symposium venue is the Marathon Conference Center, 5555 San Felipe, Houston TX 77056, courtesy of the continuing and generous support from Marathon Oil Corporation.
The symposium will focus on the theme of “The Road to Recovery: How Integration and Innovation Help the Energy Industry to Evolve and Adapt Successfully”. The oil and gas industry had gone through what was considered the most challenging environment in the last few years and starts to show signs of new asset development. There is no doubt that the global energy demand will rapidly grow, albeit the growth of fossil fuels in general are strongly challenged by energy mix shifting to alternative renewable sources, increasing supply abundance, energy efficiency increase, and more stringent regulations on global climate change issues. While integrations and innovations are keys to generate and grasp new opportunities to grow our capabilities for long term sustainable development, what are some of the key enablers critical for the industry’s sustainable success? What are likely to be the new industry trend and key uncertainties coincide with the opportunities and solutions? We’d like to explore these topics in this year’s technical symposium with technical experts, industry leaders, and fellow members.
We encourage you to submit presentations relevant to the symposium theme. Exceptional technical papers will potentially be considered for future Global Chinese Petroleum and Petrochemical Technical Symposiums (GCPPTS). Student members are encouraged to submit their papers to the Student Paper Contest session and take this opportunity to share their research results as well as to improve their presentation skills.
Symposium Program Outline
(1) General Session (Morning):
Four invited keynote speakers from major oil companies and the service sector will discuss high-level, current and future challenges, opportunities and solutions.
(2) Parallel Technical Sessions (Afternoon):
· Deepwater and Conventional Exploration & Production
· Big Data and Unconventional Plays
· Petroleum Economics (Co-organized with SPRE)
· Engineering and HSE
· Business Development
· Student paper contest - All student papers will be oral presentations in English. Awards will be given at the end of the session ($500 – 1st place; $300 – 2nd place; $200 – 3rd place).
(3) Abstract Submission
· Abstract: one-page in English, including your brief biography. Please use the attached template for your abstract.
· Presentation: 20-minute delivery in English, plus a 10-minute Q &A
· Please submit your abstract to Dr. Po-Ching Tai via email at email@example.com and clearly indicate the session for your paper in your email subject.
(4) Abstract Submission Deadline: September 30, 2017
(5) Abstract Example File Download: Document
We look forward to seeing you at the 2017 Technical symposium on Nov. 3rd, 2017.
Dr. Jeff Chen, CAPA 2017 President and Symposium Chair
CAPA 2017 Technical Program Committee:
Mark Chang (Co-Chair), Hong Jin, Po-Ching Tai, Xinli Jia, Mei Yang, Jianxiong Chen, Tracy Pan, Jing Xiang, Yi Chen, Meisong Yan, Yining Li, Kim Shih, Chang Wang, Teng Xu, Tai-Chang Shih, Shengkai Duan, Joan Wu, Tim Huang, Emma Luo